Friday, January 16, 2009

Dinosaurs

I have had a interest in Dinosaurs since I was 3 or 4. I believe it started with the movie, Jurassic Park. Since then I have always liked big reptiles with teeth the size of a human head. My personal favorite is the Velociraptor, also known as "Raptors". Tyrannosaurus Rex is also a coolio, but Raptors are coolio-er. I mean, they are super fast, have a giant claw on each foot, have razor sharp teeth, guerilla warfare type hunting(Baiting then ambushing), and they are generally cool looking. Ever wondered why they went extinct? Here's my explaination: A metor struck the Earth. This caused giant clouds of dust to rise into the sky. This blocked out the Sun, which created an Ice Age type thing. So, the herbivores who die out because their food supply was frozen, and the carnivores would die out because the herbivores(their food source) died out. Then the snow melted and birds and mammals survived.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

  1. The real reason the dinosaurs died out was because of T_Rex's hideously bad breath.

    Have you ever seen that show "Walking with Dinosaurs"? If I recall correctly, there was a brilliant scene where a meteor came crashing to earth whilst the dinos looked on in horror. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and thanks for the sidebar link :)

    ReplyDelete